Living The American Dream.........................

.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recap Grandma's Marathon 2:25:58 29th Overall out of 6,333

hmm, Not sure what to say, besides I'm very depressed that I again did not have all my chicken's in a row. I had great weather, fast course, and great competition but i still walked away with a 2:25:58 Marathon, Not my slowest, but way off from what i should of been running and was hoping for an easily sub 2:19. Felt alright early on and was on 2:16 pace through 10 miles, and then everything went wrong, from my calf pain going straight up my leg to my hamstring to my left arch hurting, and as the marathon went the pressure of my shoe laces on my right foot felt like it was getting tighter and started to really hurt... Just was not my day and unfortunate that is the Marathon for you, it's a monster and you never really know what can happen. Time to move on and I'm looking forward to finally running a half-marathon if not a couple before my next marathon and attempt at sub 2:19. So that means Speed,Speed,Speed time, and time to start doing my core, and exercises daily.....

Lesson Learned---Keep moving forward, because it's way to easy to fall backward and give up.....

Live life as you want too, make the most out of it, and live for no Regrets!

Cheers,

Bryan

2 comments:

Steve Crowder said...

The marathon can definitely humble you and it almost seems rare when it all comes together on race day (good weather, the way you feel, etc), but as close as you are to the standard, you'll get it. Good luck!

A said...

Hi Bryan,

I'm not sure if you'll see this, but I'm trying to reach you for a potential Runner's World article. I can be reached at runningphotos@gmail.com. Thanks!

Alison Wade, Freelance Writer